Many thanks to Amanda at HerCanberra for publishing the story of my Duran Duran adventure last week, you can read all about it here, http://www.hercanberra.com.au/index.php/2012/04/03/duran-dreaming/
In honour of the boys from Birmingham, I’ve written a list of my top 10 favourite songs, and a list of the top 10 reasons why it’s better to see them in your 40s rather than your teens.
And of course there are pictures courtesy of my camera-phone, enjoy!
Top 10 Duran Duran songs
- New Moon on Monday
- Hungry Like the Wolf
- Ordinary World
- Come Undone
- Save a Prayer
- Wild Boys
- Electric Barbarella
- Careless Memory
- The Chauffer
- New Religion
10 reasons why seeing Duran Duran at 40 is better than at 13, because you:
- Get to skive off work
- Can pay the ticket price without having to ask for extra pocket money or do chores
- Wear the fabulous dress you bought in Rotterdam a couple of months ago
- Have cleavage rather than puppy-fat
- Have a credit card to buy merch
- Use your professional experience to work out to the last cent how much it cost to print a program that is an irregular size, has metallic colours, embossed details and spot printing, and know it is a bargain at $40
- Are still comfortable being too cheap to buy one and ask the person next to you to let you read theirs.
- Be able to blog about the whole adventure
- Drink top shelf cocktails after the show
- Don’t need your mum’s permission!