Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!


I was going to write a story about how doing nothing is harder than it looks, and not surprisingly I’ve found that sentiment has spilt over to writing this blog during the holidays. Ideas come into my brain but slide away again without leaving much impression. To be honest it’s a lovely feeling and I’m going to enjoy it for as long as I can. It reminds me of an often-quoted Spanish proverb, “How wonderful it is to do nothing and then rest afterwards.”

So this is a very short entry today, and all I really want to do is wish you all Happy New Year and thank you for stopping by to read about my misadventures throughout 2012!

The Scottish tradition of First Footing holds that you will have good luck all year if a tall, dark haired man is the first person to cross your threshold in the new year. I'm hoping George Clooney crosses mine! 

Happy Hogmanay!




No comments:

Post a Comment